The Zumba® Burst program will fuse high intensity training concepts with electrifying fitness exercises into the well-recognized Zumba Fitness® formula, for a cardio boosting workout. The Zumba® Burst program will give participants that extra drive, sweat and burn.
Who can do Zumba®?
With Burst This class is designed for the time conscious Zumba® participant that wants to maximize their work out in an efficient and effective way. Why try Zumba® Burst The benefits of Zumba® Burst are the following:
• It can be adapted for all levels of fitness
• It is a time efficient workout
• It maximizes caloric expenditure • It improves overall fitness levels.
What are the movements?
Fitness Movements that increase intensity, for example:
Squat Variations- Squats are total body exercises that predominately recruit the legs, core and back. They utilize large muscle groups to increases intensity.
Jump Squat- This movement requires core stabilization and strength in the larger leg muscles. This fitness movement increases intensity by using large muscle groups to perform the squat; and from the added velocity in the jump.
Sports Run– This simple movement alternates lifting each foot completely off the ground as quickly as possible as if you were running in place. Here you are increasing velocity which will increase intensity.
Side Shuffle– The side shuffle is essentially a traveling squat position. This fitness movement increases intensity by using large muscle groups to perform the squat; and from the added velocity in the side shuffle.
Jumping Jacks- This movement has a fast and propulsion components, increasing velocity and therefore increasing intensity and heart rate.
Knee lifts with a hop – This movement is requires flexion at the hip and knee toward the front of the body. It utilizes the large muscles of the legs and speed to increase intensity.
Pendulum leg swings – This movement is comprised of hip abduction (away from the body) of one leg and then quickly switching to the other leg.
A Zumba® Bursts class:
• Incorporates fitness movements during burst segments
• Includes up to 3 bursts per song (NO burst in the warm up/cool down)
• Uses the Zumba® Formula
Sample class format
• Warm up – One song. Do not include any burst here. (3:00)
• Song 1 – Three burst during the three chorus segments (4:00)
• Song 2 – One long burst, during the break (3:30)
• Song 3 – Three burst during the verses (3:30)
• Song 4 – Three burst during the verses (5:00)
• Song 5 – Three burst during the chorus (4:00)
• Song 6 – Two burst during the verse (2:30)
Total: 30 minutes
Warm up Cool down
• Elevate core body temperature
• Prepare the cardiovascular system for the work to follow
• Gradually increases ranges of motion and joint action
• Helps prevent blood pooling to the lower extremities
• Reduces feelings of dizziness
• Lowers heart rate and blood pressure to near-resting levels
• Helps dissipate lactic acid
• Helps minimize potentially threatening cardiac arrhythmias